Nine people have thrown their names into the hat to fill the city council seat left vacant by Andy Klein's departure.
The council experienced a similar shake-up last year after Omar Ahmad's sudden death. Brad Lewis was appointed as an interim council member after a series of interviews were conducted last year.
This year, three former mayors have thrown their name into contention.
Interviews will be held next week iand selected by June 17.
This year, the candidates are:
- Brad Lewis, Former Mayor and City Council Member
- Sally Mitchell, Former Mayor and City Council Member
- Inge Tiegel-Doherty, Former Mayor and City Council Member
- Farrokh Albuyeh, Vice-President of Open Access Technology International
- Karen Clapper, Chairwoman of San Carlos Planning Commission
- Ricardo Garcia-Pacheco, Formerly of the San Carlos Economic Development Advisory Commission
- John Hoffmann, Former City Council Member
- Cameron Johnson, Economic Development Advisory Commissioner
- Steven San Filippo, City Planning Commissioner