Candidates have until August 10 to file nomination papers.
Here are the races that directly affect San Carlos:
Member of the State Assembly, District 22 (a new district created in 2011)
- Kevin Mullin is a member of the South San Francisco city council and a former mayor, businessman, and former district director for Jackie Speier.
- Mark Gilham is a small business owner from Redwood City and director of the San Francisco Peninsula Fire Safe Council.
State Senator, District 13
- is the current Assemblymember in District 19 and was a former San Mateo County Supervisor and San Mateo city councilman.
- is a former State Assemblywoman from District 22 in Santa Clara County and is currently an environmental policy advocate.
United States Representative
- Deborah Bacigalupi is a businesswoman, biotech consultant and agriculture advocate and a member of the Republican Party.
- Jackie Speier is the incumbent for this seat and was a former San Mateo County Supervisor, California State Assemblyman and State Senator.
CALL FOR COMMENTS:
Which candidates are you voting for?
Want to blog for us? Simply click here.