SamTrans is planning a public hearing and meetings to take comments from community members regarding proposed discontinuation of SamTrans participation in the BART Plus Ticket program and proposed elimination of three underutilized bus schedules.
The proposed changes would go into effect in January 2013.
Proposals to be considered include:
- Discontinuance of participation in the BART Plus Ticket program, which allows holders unlimited rides on a number of bus services.
- Elimination of a single Route 36 schedule departing Dundee & Wicklow drives in South San Francisco at 8:10 a.m.
- Elimination of a single Route 36 schedule departing Evergreen Avenue & Mission Street in Daly City at 3:22 p.m.
- Elimination of a single Route 72 schedule departing Selby Lane & Serrano Drive in Atherton at 3:30 p.m.
Remaining runs on routes 36 and 72 will continue to operate, customers should check the schedule for alternate times.
SamTrans will hold two public meetings to present the proposals and receive comments in advance of the public hearing. The meetings will take place:
- Tuesday, Sept. 18 at 6 p.m., at the War Memorial Community Center, 6655 Mission St., Daly City
- Thursday, Sept. 20 at 4 p.m., at the SamTrans Administrative Office, 1250 San Carlos Ave., San Carlos
The public hearing will be held Wednesday, Oct. 10 at 3 p.m. at the SamTrans Administrative Office, 1250 San Carlos Ave. in San Carlos.
Prior to the hearings, the public may submit comments in one of the following ways:
- Mail: San Mateo County Transit District, District Secretary, P.O. Box 3006, San Carlos, CA 94070-1306
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 1-800-660-4287 or 650-508-6448 (TTY for hearing impaired)
Hearing impaired and non-English speaking attendees may arrange for sign language or foreign language translation by calling 650-508-6242 or 650-508-6448 (TTY for hearing impaired) at least three business days prior to the hearing and/or meeting they wish to attend.
Sign up for San Carlos Patch's daily newsletter | Like San Carlos Patch on Facebook | Follow San Carlos Patch on Twitter | Start a blog on San Carlos Patch
Don’t be left out of the conversation taking place in Belmont--Sign up for our daily newsletter|Like Belmont|Patch on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Start your own blog