On Monday, March 19, the Oversight Board - Successor Agency to the San Carlos Redevelopment Agency, will hold a Special Meeting.
The meeting - to be held at 2 pm - will be held at the Council Chambers, San Carlos City Hall, 600 Elm Street. Key items to be covered include:
- Discussion of the Brown Act
- Election of Chair and Vice Chair
- Bylaws for Oversight Board
- Issuing Request for Proposal (RFP) for Legal Counsel, Auditor or Financial Advisor for Oversight Board
- Report on Successor Agency Timeline of Actions
In 2010, Governor Brown originally proposed the elimination of redevelopment agencies, a bill placed on the ballot that was voted down. The State Legislature reintroduced the bill with a proposed second option asking cities to pay the state in order to remain operational.
What do you think of this oversight board? Let us know in the comments!