.

Government Recalls 800,000 Fisher-Price Rock 'N Play Sleepers

Consumers should inspect their infant recliner seats.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission has recalled about 800,000 Fisher-Price Rock 'N Play Sleepers due to risk of exposure to mold for infants who use them.

Mold can develop between the removable seat cushion and the hard plastic frame of the sleeper when it remains wet/moist or is infrequently cleaned, posing a risk of exposure to mold to infants sleeping in the product. Although mold is not present at the time of purchase, mold growth can occur after use of the product.

Fisher-Price has received 600 reports of mold on the product. Sixteen consumers have reported that their infants have been treated for respiratory issues, coughs and hives after sleeping in the product.

Consumers should immediately check for mold under the removable seat cushion. Dark brown, gray or black spots can indicate the presence of mold. If mold is found, consumers should immediately stop using the product. Consumers can contact Fisher-Price for cleaning instructions or further assistance. Cleaning and care instructions can also be found at www.service.mattel.com.

The sleepers have been sold at local Target stores and Toys R Us stores. 

Do you have a Rock 'N Play Sleeper? Have you had any problems with it? Tell us in the comments below.

monica juarez January 11, 2013 at 01:38 AM
About two weeks ago I noticed that my baby's rock and play had mold on it. I think that is disgusting! in my opinion, we should definitely be able to get a refund on them!!
Beccadinstell@gmail.com January 11, 2013 at 06:49 AM
Yep mine had mold to. I attempted to kill the mold And then stopped using it. Can I get my money back or a new one
Jennifer van der Kleut January 11, 2013 at 09:09 PM
Go to www.service.mattel.com for info on either how to clean it, or how to find out about reimbursements or recall.
Katrina January 11, 2013 at 09:21 PM
Yes! Just found out today it was covered in mold to the untrained eye! No wonder myBaby has been sick for 4. Months!
Tabitha January 12, 2013 at 02:17 PM
My little guy slept in it all the time till 6 months and I cleaned it Alot but the last time I went to clean it i removed the cover and found tons of mold it was horrible. Unfortunately my son has always had respitory issues (like constant) and now he's 2 1/2 and still is treated for asthma every day. I have two other children and they have no asthma. I can't help but wonder if maybe it was the sleeper I've always thought that so I partially blame myself for buying it!

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »