When a in San Carlos, not only is it heard, it becomes an action item on the city council agenda.
Actually, the recommendation to the San Carlos City Council to adopt a resolution certifying the removal and replacement of 23 trees near Burton Park had already been scheduled to be on Monday night's agenda, but an incident two weeks ago in which a Eucalyptus near the park helped underscore the importance of this resolution.
Also on Monday' agenda is a recommendation from city staff that the council adopt a resolution authorizing City Manager to enter into an agreement with the (SCSD) in which the city would provide after school recreation services. Specifically, the city would administer the current after school athletic program at and middle schools.
Both agencies say the partnership will be mutually beneficial; it will allow SCSD to continue to offer its robust athletic program, while utilizing the administrative oversight of the city. Additionally, the city will be able to develop even more programs for middle school students.
For a closer look at these agenda items, click here.
San Carlos City Council Meeting (Aug. 27) - Agenda and Reports:
- BSCFD Dissolution - Additional Payment of $537,660 for 2011-12 fiscal year to cover dissolution costs of the former costs (# 7k)
- Downtown Parking Study - Contract to Prepare Downtown Parking Study (# 7m)
- After School Recreation - Agreement for City of San Carlos to Provide After School Recreation Programs for the San Carlos School District (# 7n)
- Safe Routes to Schools - Agreement for Design & Bid Documents - Arundel School Roadway Improvement Project (# 7r)
- Street Resurfacing - Advertise Bids for Howard Avenue, Elm Street and Club Drive Resurfacing Project (# 7s)
- Burton Park Tree Replacement - Certifying Initial Study, Negative Declaration & Authorizing Staff to Replace 23 Trees (# 9a)
- Green Building Code - Amending San Carlos Green Building Code to Include GreenPoint and LEED Standards (# 10a)
- ROPS - Adopt Recognized Obligation Payment Schedule (ROPS) for January 1 through June 30, 2013 (# 10d)
For the full agenda, staff and council reports, click here.
The San Carlos City Council will meet on Mon., Aug. 27th at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers, City Hall, 600 Elm Street. For more information, go to www.cityofsancarlos.org.