The will reconvene Monday at 7 p.m., holding its first meeting since July 11.
In early June, the council voted to hold a summer recess, canceling the July 25 and Aug. 8 council meetings.
The will have a full schedule in the fall. With elections looming Nov. 8, only seven meetings remain for the current council before the political landscape is altered once again.
The city’s website listed some of the highlights that will be discussed tonight:
- San Carlos Fire Department - Contracts with Redwood City for Payroll and Apparatus & Vehicle Maintenance Services.
- San Carlos Fire Department - Adopt Amended Job Specs for Fire Captain, Firefighter & Firefighter/Paramedic.
- Civil Grand Jury - Mayor's Letter Responding to Grand Jury Report on City Finances & Fund Balances in San Mateo County (Item # 7o)
- Belmont-San Carlos Fire - Move Service Termination Date Up to September 30, 2011.
- Cellular Antenna Proposal - AT&T Application for 6 Antennas at 260 Shelford - Request Continuance to 9/26.
- Massage Ordinance - Adopt Urgency Ordinance - Extend Moratorium on New Permits for 10 months and 15 days.
Belmont-San Carlos Fire - Approve Transitional MOU Re: Dissolution of BSCFD with Fire Management Unit and IAFF Local 2400.
The will resume Aug. 22 with many significant issues to discuss. Among them will be a contract with Redwood City and the dissolution of the fire JPA with Belmont, cell phone towers, , and continued talks regarding the city's budget.
What would you like to hear the City Council discuss when they return from summer recess? Let us know in the comments.