By Bay City News Service:
A fire in a small abandoned house outside of Menlo Park was
damaged in an electrical fire Thursday afternoon, according to the Menlo Park
Fire Protection District.
The fire on Marsh Road near Fair Oaks Avenue was reported shortly
after 3:30 p.m., fire officials said.
The 800-square-foot house caught fire because of an electrical
problem that brought arcing wires onto a neighbor's front lawn, fire
About 25 percent of the home burned, while the neighbor's house
was undamaged, fire officials said.