This is your time to become famous, or at least well known among your circle of friends. Wait, if they're your friends you are already well known.
Well, let's just skip that one.
On second thought, as I've had time to think about it, this is your time. Or time to make someone else famous. Yeah, that's the ticket.
The school year is just about to get underway and San Carlos Patch will be there to cover all the big news.
But we can’t do it without your help.
To make sure you get the most out of Patch this school year, we invite you to get active in the news-gathering process. There are five things you can do to make sure your school and its students get all the coverage they deserve from Patch:
1. Let us know about big events and accomplishments — If you have a school-related story idea you’d like us to cover, let us know about it. Send us a news tip with details (please leave out the bad words) and who we should contact for more information about the story idea.
2. Add your event listings — Have an upcoming band performance? Is your school hosting an open house? Just hanging with the drama crowd? Just add the news to our Events calendar. We invite you to add calendar events for your school, its extracurricular activities, clubs, PTA and more.
3. Post your announcements — Want to let us know about a student, school or teacher accomplishment? Cool! Let everyone hear the news by posting your own announcements and photos.
4. Add your photos to our galleries – Throughout the school year we’ll be out gathering lots of photos of students and their activities. But you can do the same thing too. Be the camera, strike a pose and be sure to add your own photos (all in good taste of course) to our event-related galleries and share your memories with everyone.
5. Sign up for the newsletter — Want to find out what’s happening in city schools? Keep up with Patch every morning by signing up for our newsletter. We’ll mail you the top headlines every morning provided you have given us a valid name.
You can also become a blogger and share your school's news (or even friendly, non-bullying gossip) directly with Patch readers on a regular basis.
San Carlos wants to know who are the best and brightest in every subject from art to sports to zydeco (or whatever the last word is in your dictionary).