Citywide Volunteer Day is this Saturday! Will you be volunteering? This Saturday, April 28, from 9 am - 11 am, and then again from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., residents will have opportunities to clean-up parks, plant trees, restore picnic tables and participate in Child Safety Day.
Below is a list of opportunities from the City of San Carlos!
9:00 am-11:00 am Opportunities
1. Community Clean Up- Laureola Park
Help make your community a better place and keep your parks clean by volunteering at this Community Clean Up! Meet at 9 am at Laureola Park located at 503 Old County Road. Supplies will be provided.
2. Gardening and Weeding- Vista Park
Help make your community a better place by participating in gardening and weeding at Vista Park! Meet at 9 am at Vista Park located at 401 Crestview Drive. Supplies will be provided; please bring your own gardening glove
Landscape Maintenance- Arundel Road
1. Help make your community a better place by volunteering at this Community Clean Up! Volunteers are needed to help with landscape maintenance on Phelps from Arundel Road to the upper turnaround! Meet at 9 am at Phelps and Arundel Road. Supplies will be provided.
2. Painting Picnic Tables- Burton Park
Help clean, sand, and paint the wood picnic tables at Burton Park in San Carlos. Meet at 9 am on the basketball courts. Burton Park is located at 900 Chestnut Street and bound by Cedar Street, Brittan Avenue, Arroyo Avenue, Woodland Avenue and Chestnut Street.
3. Trail Building- Big Canyon Park
Help the San Carlos Trails Committee with the installation of new trails at Big Canyon Park. The digging is being done by volunteers, but additional assistance is needed to help carry the materials for the steps and bridges. There’s about a ½ mile walk on the established trail up to where the materials need to go. Please bring your own gardening gloves and wear appropriate walking shoes. Any and all help is appreciated! Please