Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco is opening its first ReStore this summer! The ReStore is a retail store where quality, used and surplus materials are sold at low prices; it's best thought of a marriage between Home Depot and Goodwill. All proceeds help to fund Habitat homes in Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo counties. In preparation for the ReStore's opening, we are beginning to collect donated materials to sell beginning this summer.
We are looking for a Donation Pick Up Assistant to do the following:
- Help pick up material donations such as furniture, sinks, lumber, plumbing, etc on the Peninsula
- Deliver materials to warehouse in San Carlos
- Accompany Habitat GSF staff for pick ups on Mondays
-Habitat staff will provide vehicle and will drive
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Available on Mondays from 9am -12pm or from 1-5pm. If you are available other days, please let us know!
- Volunteer in a friendly, supportive environment
- Help divert tons on material from the local landfill
-Your work is making a difference in our community!
Location: Multiple cities on the Peninsula, with San Carlos warehouse as the meeting point.
When: A weekly commitment of 3-4 hours is desirable. We schedule most pick ups on Mondays, but are open to having volunteers other days of the week.